Metal 3D printing, also known as metal additive manufacturing, is an advanced technology that creates three-dimensional objects by layering metal materials.
Unlike traditional manufacturing methods that involve subtracting material, metal 3D printing builds up objects layer by layer, enabling the production of intricate and complex geometrics.
In this process, various types of metal alloys, including but not limited to stainless steel, aluminium, titanium, Inconel, and cobalt-chrome. The choice of metal depends on the specific application and the desired properties of the final product.
There are different metal 3D printing technologies, including
- Selective laser melting(SLM)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DHLS)
Metals using SLM (selective laser melting) and DHLS (direct metal laser sintering) process. A very fine metal powder is melted with a laser to produce your design layer by layer. After finalizing your design, remove any support structures and carry out necessary finishing. Any remaining powder is recycled for future model use.
3D Printing in Metals via DMLS is an Additive Manufacturing process which can workout more cost effective than traditional 'subtractive' processes. This is especially true with complex or intricate designs which would present a challenge to traditional manufacture.
Metal 3D Printing. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- 80mm dia x 90mm tall- Gold, Silver
- 250 x 250 x 320mm - Bronze.
- 200 x 200 x 150 (L x B x H) - Approximate dimensions
- Alloys - Gold, Silver, Sterling Silver
WHAT IS 3D PRINTING IN GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE?
The process of 3D printing involves creating a three-dimensional solid object of virtually any shape using a digital model, constructing it layer by layer. This technique is commonly known as additive manufacturing or rapid manufacturing.
In 3D printing, various metals like gold, silver, and bronze are utilized. These metals can either be authentic metals or metal alloys.
Alternatively, other materials with comparable properties may be employed. For instance, when aiming to create objects in gold, options might include the use of gold-plated steels, silver, or a variety of other alloys.
BENEFITS OF 3D PRINTING IN GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE
- The process is eco-friendly as it does not cause any harm to the environment.
- You can produce virtually any design with 3D printing in Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- It produces excellent surface finish.
- You can make intricate designs with 3D Printing in Gold, Silver and Bronze.
- Real Metals are more durable than other materials used in 3D Printing.